About the Club
Founded in 1958 the Chicago Corvette Club is one of the oldest Corvette clubs in the country and a founding member of the National Council of Corvette Clubs. Primarily based in the western suburbs of Chicago we offer a variety of great events for the Corvette enthusiast. Join us for an upcoming event and see what we're all about!
Started in 1958, Chicago Corvette Club is one of the most established and active Corvette clubs in the country, and is a founding member of the National Council of Corvette Clubs. We offer a variety of great events for the Corvette enthusiast each year. Join us for an upcoming meeting or event to meet us and see what we're all about! The club was founded with 22 members on March 21, 1958 and has dynamically grown, expanded and changed over time. Our photos go back through many of our decades on the road, if you’d like to take a trip down our memory lane. We look forward to the future, as our Corvettes and the people who make up our membership continue to evolve.
Our Club History
The club was founded by Keith Lais, Corvette owner and salesman at Ferrell Hicks Chevrolet. Through newspaper advertisements and his network of friends, acquaintances and customers Keith was able to determine that there were enough people interested in forming a club.
On March 21st, twenty-two Corvette enthusiasts met in the salesmen's room at Ferrell Hicks Chevrolet and agreed to form a Corvette Club. The new club organized quickly, electing temporary officers, with Keith Lais as President, and unanimously adopting the name "Chicago Corvette Club". The dealership became the clubs first home and meeting place. Over the years meetings were held at local restaurants and even at the GM training center in Hinsdale, Illinois.
Committees were formed at subsequent meetings which established a club constitution, logo, jacket patches, stationery, membership cards and the club newspaper called the "Grand Prix". On June 28, 1958, the club held its first social banquet and elected its first permanent officers. At that time membership had already grown to an active group of 35-40 members.